Creating a New Google API Key
- Log into you Google account.
- In your App list go to the Google Cloud Platform Console. If you can’t locate Google Cloud Platform Console Click on the link to redirect you straight to this page Google Cloud Platform Console.
- Next is to click on the drop-down menu at the top to create a new project
- In the pop-up tab click on New Project
- Name your project and select the location folder (Remember to keep naming conventions direct)
- Select your newly created project in the top bar where you created your new project
- In the left hand pane go to APIs & Services and select Credentials
- Click on the Create Credentials drop-down and select API key
- A new API key will now be generated.
*N.B – Remember to Enable Your API Maps under the APIs & Services > Library
Adding the Google API Key
/* Replace YOUR-API-KEY with your generated API key as seen below*/
It is strongly recommended to restrict your API key from unauthorized users for security purposes.