OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Is able to find creative ways to reach target markets.
- Is able to turn ideas into practical action plans.
- Is able to work both independently and in a team.
- Has excellent writing skills supported by a portfolio of previous work/projects.
- A degree in marketing will be advantageous but not essential.
- Excellent time management and the ability to prioritise simultaneous tasks.
THE ROLE WILL INVOLVE:
- Strategising, implementing and monitoring search engine optimisation strategies for clients
- Optimising various website components (site accessibility, keywords and links).
- Inbound link building campaigns and activities.
- Keyword research and competitor analysis
- Constant monitoring of the campaign’s to ensure continual optimisation
- Monitoring and setup of site analytics/Google Console tools
- Client report creation and communication
- Maintaining expertise in search engine news and trends, including learning and using new SEO tools and services as they become available.
- Monitoring and measuring the success of your client through Google Analytics
- Analysing a website’s search performance for both desktop and mobile
- Optimisation of CMS sites (WordPress experience is essential).
- Metadata and image optimisation
- Optimise web and blog content
- Developing and delivering SEO strategies across a variety of campaigns that align with clients goals and objectives
- Completing website health checks and performing audits on existing SEO campaigns
- Develop and implement link building strategy
- Work with the development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 3 years hands-on experience with strong technical, on and off-page SEO, and must currently be practicing in the field.
- Previous experience having conducted full SEO Audits for small to enterprise level websites.
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and identify and resolve problems
- Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager: 3 years
- Google Analytics certificate
- Google Adwords: 2 years
- Google Adwords certificate (An advantage).
- In-depth knowledge of all SEO fundamentals and principles (both on-site and off-site)
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms
- Experience using a variety of tools to extract meaningful data. This will include, but is not limited to Google Search Console, Screaming Frog, AHREFs and SEMRush
- An excellent work ethic, problem-solving and proficient time management skills
- Excellent communication skills and professionalism
- Researching and implementing content recommendations for organic SEO success
- Experience in managing multiple accounts within a digital agency.
- Solid understanding of performance, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- Must have experience setting up advanced tracking and analytics.
Please send your CV with portfolio, expected salary and a cover letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: When applying, please put “REF: Mid-Level SEO/Digital Marketing Consultant” in subject line of email.
All applicants who discard this direction, will be deleted immediately.
Please note: Only candidates who meet the above minimum qualifications & skills required should submit their CV, accompanied by a cover letter describing where they see SEO going over the next 12 months. The cover letter should include your current salary, salary expectations and notice period or soonest availability.
*** If you have not heard back from us within two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful***