Do you have videos on your website, but are unsure how to do search engine optimisation for them? You are not alone and there are many business owners out there asking these exact same questions. I will provide a list on how to do SEO for videos in a moment, but before I begin you need to understand that it is difficult to say what would help a video rank well in search engines such as Google, but good news for business owners this has become a lot easier than it used to be.
Here are my top 7 tips for video SEO:
1. You need to upload a video to both your website and video distribution sites like Youtube, and be sure to post it to your website first. This way you can get links through the embed codes where possible.
2. Use your targeted keywords in the video’s file name, title and in the tags where it is appropriate.
3. You need to build links to the video both internally and externally. Video’s work exactly like any other content, and will be judged the same way.
4. Very important you need to create a video sitemap for the videos on your website to make it easier for search engines to find all the video content.
5. You need to optimize the URL of the page where the video is located by naming the page with the keywords.
6. Use Social Media like Twitter, Facebook and book marking sites like Digg by mentioning the video on these social platform sites, which is a great way to attract links.
7. A content strategy is very important and if you dont have one I suggest you seriously look into this, because in video marketing it allows your visitors to link to you. This helps build natural links and encourage commen
ts which also influence your search engine rankings.
Trackback from your site.comments powered by Disqus